Our location in the fertile farming area of the Karatu District is a real plus when it comes to preparing meals for our guests. The time from farm to table is short and we can source the best and freshest produce, eggs, coffee and other ingredients for our kitchen. At Karatu Simba Lodge we serve continental cuisine with an occasional sample of local dishes. Our well-trained chefs are eager to please and are always looking for new and innovative recipes to share with you.
Here are some of the ways we provide you with delicious and healthy food:
- Our coffee is grown a few miles away
- Bread, rolls, cakes and pastry baked daily
- Produce fresh from the farm
- Local free range eggs
- We “get” vegetarians, vegans and gluten free diets
- Breakfast is always a buffet of coffee, tea and hot chocolate, juice, a selection of cereals, fresh fruit, muffins or pancakes with eggs (with sausage and bacon) cooked to order. Oats porridge (oatmeal) is available on request.
- Most guests go out for the day with a lunch box and we work hard to provide a lunch box that stands out from the herd! If you choose to have lunch in the lodge you’ll be served a selection of salads, quiche and pizza or on colder days heartier fare such as a casserole, curry or spaghetti.
- Depending on how many guests are staying
with us dinner may be served to the table or on the buffet. On the buffet there
is always a vegetarian entrée. Please advise us as early as possible for any
special dietary requests.
Our soups are always vegetarian!
Breakfast 07:00 09:00
Lunch 13:00 15:00
Afternoon Tea 15:30 18:00
Dinner 19:30 21:00
- Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Leek & Potato Soup
- Grilled Pork Chops with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Pepper Steak
- Lentil Stew
- Coconut Rice
- Lyonnais Potatoes